Redfern Legal Centre, NSW
Redfern Legal Centre is seeking enthusiastic part time (2 to 3 days per week) PLT Placements to support our CEO, who also specialises in discrimination and human rights law.
Responsibilities include client intake, file review, general administration, research, legal drafting, drafting of policy submissions, interviewing clients, and follow up on client matters, under supervision of CEO.
- Completion of law degree and eligibility to commence Practical Legal Training
- Demonstrated understanding of and commitment to social justice
- Strong understanding of ethical practice issues affecting Community Legal Centres including confidentiality and conflict of interest
- Available two to three days per week commencing September 2013
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work independently or as part of a small team
- Knowledge of discrimination and human rights law
- Experience in drafting policy submissions
Applications close on Monday 9 September 2013. For more information or to apply, visit the Redfern Legal Centre website.
Level: Current GDLP Workshop Students